late weekend movie selection and other stuff


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Yesterday was unlike the day before. Where the day before I was holed up working on the computer for 12 straight hours... yesterday I was out and about for 12 straight hours. Both good days though.

Anyway, without further ado... (drumroll)

weekend movie selection

Probably one of the most celebrated heart attacks put on the big screen All That Jazz is Bob Fosse's take on his own life. The story follows Joe Gideon, a hard drinking, drug taking, womanizing, brilliant director/choreographer into a period of his life where he is directing a Broadway musical and finishing up a movie.

Yes, it is a blatant autobiographical piece that is stunning to behold. The "NY/LA" production number alone is worth the look see. Fosse literally and allegorically rips his heart out with this one in a sardonic and unflinching honest view of his life in the New York theatre world... yet makes it so damn theatrical and entertaining at the same time. It is one of my favorite movies of all time... plus I've always enjoyed the idea of death as a beautiful woman seducing you.

Here are some quotes from the movie:

Michelle Gideon: It's just that I keep wondering, Dad. Why don't you get married again?
Joe Gideon: I don't get married again because I can't find anyone I dislike enough to inflict that kind of torture on.
----------------------------
Dancer Backstage: Fuck him! He never picks me!
Dancer Backstage: Honey, I *did* fuck him and he never picks me either.
----------------------------
Joe Gideon: Katy, I try to give you everything I can give.
Kate Jagger: Oh, you give all right - presents, clothes. I just wish you weren't so generous with your cock.
----------------------------



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters