I received an email yesterday...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



EDIT: Rearranging this post so ie reads a little easier.

ALL ABOUT DA COUNT!

THE IDEA: A weekly appreciation and celebration of what we have... and sharing that awareness. Perhaps just as a reminder to ourselves of how rich our lives really are... probably not in a Bill Gates kinda way but we all have things of value that no currency marker can be placed on.

WHAT COUNTS?: Any and everything... really, the possibilities are limitless. From "Hey, I got new shoes... and the ability to afford them." to "I was drunk off my ass and a good friend gave me a ride home."

HOW SHOULD IT BE POSTED?: It could be a story, poem, sentence, picture, song... any way you want. Sharing your own style and creativity will be your gift to us.

HOW DO I SHARE MY RICHES?: Postings will be on Friday. Just come by and leave a comment telling us you are up. If you are new here and want to tell us you are up... click "home" (top left) or just click HERE!

* I have moved my blog to http://marcelnunis.com/blog/.. and the count continues there.

CAN I GET ONE TO THOSE NIFTY LOGO THINGY's?: Sure you can. Look below for the link to the code.

dacount

CLICK HERE FOR THE CODE!

I received an email yesterday... (cont.)

... from my friend Tricia. I very rarely repost emails on my blog but I thought this was worthy on many fronts. She gave me permission and I thought I would post it for DA COUNT on Friday. I thought again and decided to do it today. I'll have something else for DA COUNT on Friday.

EDIT: I have decided to use this post as an example of what DA COUNT can be. (more details above.)

It’s been a year today. A year since I lost my home. A year since I’ve seen my New Orleans friends. A year since I watched in the slow motion of a horror film while my adopted city in a first world nation disintegrated into chaos and misery. A year since the shame of a government, at so many layers, and the Red Cross allowed so many to suffer and others to die. A year in which I lost a beloved aunt.

It’s been a year in which I’ve relied on the kindness of others. I’ve been fed by the Salvation Army, housed by family and friends, accepted clothing from strangers and furniture from neighbors. A dentist and a manicurist, among others, refused payment so they might feel they had made some positive difference. A woman in a grocery store insisted on paying for our
groceries. My god-sister and my brother took time from their own lives and families to help salvage what we could from the remains of our home. A professional acquaintance helped me find a new job, sight unseen. We found a wonderful land-lady and place to live in Naples, FL.

Within that same year we decided FL was not for us. We took a break to explore Asheville, NC. I’ve taken a new position in Vail, CO, where there is a decided lack of hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, tornadoes and most other major natural disasters. More importantly it’s between my sister and the rest of our family.


Because what has been most evident in this last year is that the ONLY things that are truly important are the love of family and friendship. No one and no thing can take that from you. Usually we only talk about that in terms of death, and perhaps part of us died a year ago.


Now the reason I’m writing you is that you are part of what is important to me. You are part of that love I take with me every step of everyday, part of what makes be a better and stronger person. Although I may not tell you directly, or stay in touch enough, you are in my thoughts and in my heart.


There is nothing more I can say than to offer my deepest thanks. Thank you for the ways in which you have touched my life. Thank you for being part of me.


I wish you peace and I wish you joy.


Tricia

For friends especially... email me for her new contact info.



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters