Half-Nekkid Thursday #3


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



You've met Jimmy and Audrey in my last 2 HNT posts. This is Stan- my left foot. (Yes, there are more body parts with names... sometimes I feel like legion.) Stan is a whole size smaller than Sam (my right foot) as a result of polio (affected but not defected) and was bestowed the moniker by a cousin. "Skinny Stanley!" Here is the story of Stan's scar.

I was 8 or 9 and living in my birth country of Malaysia. One day, I hopped on my child-sized bike to visit my buddies who lived in a squatter village not far from home. I was on a mission to show-off that the training wheels had been removed and I was now a badass biker rolling on 2 wheels! This was major stuff for a kid. As little boys are wont to do, I left home without informing my parents of my intended expedition. Besides, they would have insisted that I not leave unless my feet were enveloped in some manner of footwear. What was the point of that???

To get to the village, I had to ride the "tunnel". (The actual colloquial term used, translates directly as "The Long Hole.") This was a dirt path that snaked through about 100 yards of lush, tropical foliage on either side that eventually opened up to the shacks that made up the village.

There was a local lore about a creature that lived in the thick of the "Long Hole." Many claimed to have seen its devil eyes watching as they traveled through in the dark of night. Others felt they were being followed... and when they turned to look, there was nothing there. There were even reports of attacks, though none were ever substantiated. Still, it spooked most of the people living in the area. The conventional wisdom was, "Never go in alone and no matter what... move slow."

It was a bright afternoon, so, I confidently ventured in and rode along the dirt path toward my destination... riding a little faster than usual. As I turned a blind bend, I heard what sounded like a muffled yelp behind me. I didn't stop but rode even faster as my young, but fertile imagination was bouncing the lore of "the creature" frantically through my brain. Then I heard panting and spied something out of the corner of my eye. It got closer fast. I caught a quick look and it was a dog! The creature I had heard so much about was of the canine persuasion... and was now chasing after my bike! This only spurred me to pedal faster. My focus entirely trained on the path ahead looking out for potholes or rocks that could instantly derail my efforts to escape.

She came closer and closer. My legs pumped with as much gusto as my young body could muster. Soon the crazed barking canine was running beside me. Just as I approached the end of the tunnel, I saw the bitch turn it's head toward my furiously peddling left foot, Stan. I then felt what I thought was the cold wetness of her nose. The dog suddenly decelerated, probably not wanting to venture past the safety of the "tunnel." I was convinced I had won the race with the mangy monster and stopped the bike a safe distance away to gloat triumphant. Besides, it was a dog! It was only a dog. I had busted the myth of the creature.

No sooner had I stopped, when my friend's dad (who had witnessed the whole thing) bolted from his rattan chair on the verandah and was grabbing Stan with both hands. I was suddenly surrounded by what seemed to be the entire village. There was a lot of frantic gesturing and raised excited voices. I felt like a hero until I realized that the tone in the voices around me were not raised in jubilation but in panicked concern.

I looked at my friend's father's pained expression and shifted my gaze further down to his hands cupping Stan. It was then I saw the sticky crimson life nectar slowly ooze between his fingers. I pulled his hand away from my foot to expose a little bloody flap of skin that once covered the bones and flesh underneath. It was then I felt the pain and began to scream. 12 stitches and a painful rabies shot later, I decided that it was a bad idea to ride my bike without wearing shoes.

Postscript: The dog met it's demise several weeks later. Felled by the hand of a villager who was tired of being terrorized and convinced that the dog was more dangerous now that she had tasted human blood. I was told that Stan was the one and only thing she bit. A few days later, 7 hungry pups emerged along the dirt path of the tunnel. One had a bent tail. They were all eventually adopted by the folks of the village.

Happy HNT.


33 Responses to “Half-Nekkid Thursday #3”

  1. Blogger The Funky Bee 

    Wow, great story. I can't believe all of the tales you have relating to your body parts. Great job. Happy HNT!

  2. Blogger sdk 

    Happy HNT!

    sdk

  3. Blogger HS 

    Amazing story!

  4. Blogger airplanejayne 

    So if ya' got a Stan....

    Where's Ollie?

  5. Blogger Andi 

    I wish my parts had better stories! I can't keep up with you!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ouch....damn. Great story. Happy HNT!

  7. Blogger Mustang 

    Ah...owwww...no...the pun is trying to get out...uurrrghhhh...never...no...hmmmm..unnnn...ok..ok..ok...little breaths...mhhhmmmessziiislll..

    Sorry, I apologize. Great story. Good to see you the other day.

    M

  8. Blogger Mustang 

    Two questions? 1) when next meat burn? 2)which half of thursday am I supposed to be nekkid?

    M

  9. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Funky Bee, SDK, HS, Addict, APJ, Andi, Chuck & Mustang - thanks for dropping in. Glad you liked it.

    Mustang -go to this site http://osbasso.blogspot.com

  10. Blogger Mustang 

    Hey, way cool blog. Liked the pissing man on the post office .gif thingy.

    M

  11. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Looking at the pic of Stan now... maybe he could get a shot in an episode of one of the CSI's. He looks totally dead.

  12. Blogger Unknown 

    Great story. I was scared to read it at first 'cause I though it might be one of those "foot caught in spokes of wheel blood everywhere for miles" kind of things that I've got nightmares about. What a relief- just a poor crazed dog that probably had the adventure of her life chasing (and biting) Stan. There are no words to describe how much I love that you've named your extremities. Stan looks pretty tough. Great picture too. Happy HNT!

  13. Blogger aughra 

    Wonderful story. Tell us more about Malaysia, kay?

    Happy HNT.

  14. Blogger BlazngScarlet 

    I love meeting your "family"!!!!

    They all have such fascinating stories!

  15. Blogger HappyKap 

    nice foot!

  16. Blogger MomThatsNuts 

    never thought to NAME my body parts......happy HNT......

    Mom

  17. Blogger Redneck Diva 

    I feel sort of like I know you in a strange kind of having been introduced to your body parts kind of way. Did that make sense?

    Absolutely captivating story, btw. Do tell more about your childhood and Malaysia! Please?

  18. Blogger MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com 

    Yup, might have to jump on the body-part-naming bandwagon!!

  19. Blogger Hippie girl 

    I just loved your story tell me another one.....

  20. Blogger Trashed 

    Where was this lubang panjang ?

  21. Blogger lecram sinun 

    trashed - the Kampung Pandan area

    hippigirl, redneck diva and aughra - I'm pretty sure there will be more stories from Malaysia

    l, mel mega & momthatsnuts - naming body parts can be a lot of fun!

    foxglove, melanie, happykap, & blazngfyre - glad you liked it.

    cheers!
    lecram

  22. Blogger *** 

    Nice to "meet" a fellow HNT participator. This is my second week and hopefully I'll become a little more creative! On the naming of body parts, I only have one for a general area. Heavy load. That's all I'm going to say! Happy HNT!

  23. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great story and picture. Are you afraid of dogs now? My sister was bit when young (snuck up on her and tore the back of her knee out)and it was a long time before she would even go near a dog.

  24. Blogger BTExpress 

    Pleasure to meet you Stan. Say hi to Sam for me.

  25. Blogger Maverick 

    Nice to meet Stan!

    Happy HNT!

    Spitting in a Wishing Well

  26. Blogger Maverick 

    Poor dog :-(

  27. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Good to see you pedaling again!

  28. Blogger armalicious 

    Great story and interesting foot! Happy HNT!

  29. Blogger PlatinumGirl 

    That reminded me of an incident when I was about 6 -- I was riding a little scooter down the street, in the gutter and a dog standing on the sidewalk stepped into the gutter just as I was passing. My wheel ran over its paw and he took a bite out of my leg. Talk about trauma! I was lucky it left a very minor scar on my quad!

  30. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Happy HNT!

  31. Blogger Lelly 

    Hey Cuz, how wierd is this??? I have posted an (unfinshed and LATE...all explained in the post!) HNT pic of a scar too!! AND used arrows, only I actually drew mine on the body-part concerned! Spooky!
    Having to use someone elses computer at moment, so can't 'blog'...only comment!

  32. Blogger AMS 

    ouch!

  33. Blogger Lelly 

    My post finished now. Computer behaving again. Love your story BTW, as always!


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters