Picture Daze #7 - Fair Friends


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This week's Picture Daze edition is a small sampling of life here in the Big "NO". These pics were taken last weekend.

The annual Big Fresno Fair was in town and scarysquirrelman and I decided to grace the event with our presence. The traffic was ridiculous but we finally made it into the in-field parking, past the metal detectors, through the scary tunnel and out into the Fairgrounds.





I am constantly amazed by the humanity I see at the fair. It truly is a cross section of the city's population... every social, economic and racial stratas are represented.

It's a huge county fair with local livestock and produce displayed with pride and for competition. In fact this particular cloven hoofed critter has award winning udders. SSM seemed quite taken with her.






Every town in the county turns up with their produce to be judged... it's quite the buzz. My personal pick this year for fruits & veges galore was the city of Easton.











Then there is fair food! Everything seems to be deep fried and on a stick. Here is SSM in mid-chomp on a corndog. I went for a hotlink myself. I suspect checking out the award winning udders earlier significantly affected our food choices.











We had dropped some bucks at the horsetrack earlier and I think that eating a whole load of heart attack food provided some comfort for our losses. Of course no trip to the fair is complete without visiting the Commerce & Industry pavilion.

Exhibitors hawk every thing from hot-tubs to gadgets that are halfway useful. This sign made us very curious. Turned out to be attachments to a weedwhacker.

There are of course the concerts, etc. But for me this annual event is a reminder of the heart of the valley... the fact that this area is known as the "bread-basket of the world." It's a celebration that I live in a place that toils the earth and am blessed that our food is always fresh.

It's all about the food really.

Labels:


11 Responses to “Picture Daze #7 - Fair Friends”

  1. Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles 

    I've had those deep fried twinkies! Our fair favorite is the mini-donuts that travel thru the hot oil river and flip! into the cinnamon sugar. Stop me!

  2. Blogger Mustang 

    I must admit, SSM and the corn dog...mmmmm

    M

  3. Blogger KFarmer 

    I love the county fair! Oh the smells, tastes and sights... Nothing quite like it.

  4. Blogger lime 

    i love fairs, such fun, so diverse. that last sign was a riot! certainly an attention grabber!

  5. Blogger ScarySquirrelMan 

    best.damn.picture.of.me.ever.
    never letting you use that camera again. think my tits are sagging.

  6. Blogger Lelly 

    Sounds like you live in a wonderful place, Cuz! Can I come visit?

  7. Blogger The Diva ♥ 

    funnel cakes!

  8. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Rose-Colored Beer Goggles - LOL! I know what you mean.

    mustang - really? hmmm...

    thereminman - Kingsburg had a nice grape display... Easton got my vote on variety.

    kfarmer - yep, nothing quite like it.

    jenny - so, you know what I'm talking about.

    lime - yeah, that sign drew us to the table like flies to... suger?

    SSM - your tits are sagging... there was a lot of photoshopping I had to do to make them perky.

    lelly - Of course you can! Kien will be here for the Rogue... how about you?

    blue1aqua1 - yeah... saw them but had to pass them up this year.

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Please tell me you saw Sugarfoot!? Was he well? Did he... miss me much? ::sigh::

  10. Blogger lecram sinun 

    ms.bees - we did look for him but were informed that he was on a meth break.

  11. Blogger ScarySquirrelMan 

    wait a minute. you used photo shop in my boobies and they still look like drowned cats in a burlap bag? at the expense of sounding vain and in-denialish, get a new picture program, bub. they were perky from the git go...maybe it was dropping $40 on the horse/mule/nag/glue factories that did it.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters