the usual friday post...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



... will come later in the day. Be prepared to count your blessings.

EDIT: Noon
I'm starting a new weekly feature on my Friday postings called DA COUNT. The idea is to celebrate, appreciate, and remind myself of what I have. Part of this was inspired by a recent chat with Cosima and something a character in one of my plays said. "It's what you got that counts... not what you don't have. If you count what you don't have... then you always got nothing." (From Bundle Of Wishes - circa 1989) And the answer is YES... if you so desire you may join in.

So, here goes...

I did something today I hadn't done in years... get out of bed at 11 AM. And because this was such an unusual occurrence I have to admit that it was also quite a glorious luxury. Even in the days when I pulled late theatre nights I would always be up no later than 8 AM. It is just something about wasting the opportunities that a new day presents that gets me up early. Now mind you it wasn't always this way. When I was much younger and didn't quite appreciate the fleetingness of time and was under the delusion that physical life was forever... I was a time waster extrodinaire.

So, today I am blessed by the opportunities that life and each day presents as well as an awareness of mortality "to make it count."
..........................................................................
Had a grand time with the chat thingy yesterday. Those that came by included Tricia, KFarmer, Lime, Cosima and Kien. The latter 3 were all on at the same time and it was quite the party! Thanks to all of you! It was a grand pleasure... lets do it again soon!
.........................................................................
And now the...
weekend movie selection
(new to this feature is the inclusion of screenshots from the movie)
"Elizabeth" is one of those films that comes along every so often that just continues to leave an impression years after you've experienced it. It tells the story of the young princess and her eventual transformation into one of the most powerful monarchs England has ever known.
The title part is played brilliantly by the amazing Cate Blanchett and supported by equally brilliant performances by a stellar cast including Joseph Fiennes, Geoffrey Rush and Richard Attenborough.

Of course there is a fair amount of dramatic license with the script and facts are twisted and rearranged to accommodate the plot. However, one has to realize that this is a movie and not a documentary of history... the same can be said for any of Shakespeare's "history" plays. Yet I do not doubt for one second that the intrigue and treachery that surrounded the court life in the film was any less venomous in real life.

Brilliantly filmed this movie is quite the feast for the eyes as well. Perfect for a late night watch accompanied with a good bottle of red wine.

Here are some quotes:

Elizabeth: I do not like wars. They have uncertain outcomes.
--------------------------------------------
Queen Mary: When I look at you I see nothing of the king, only that whore, your mother. My father never did anything so good as to cut off her head.
Elizabeth: Your majesty forgets he was also my father.
--------------------------------------------
Elizabeth: I have rid England of her enemies. What do I do now? --------------------------------------------
I hear too that a sequel is currently being filmed.
Cheers and have a great weekend!



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters