Observations since I moved to America


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




This pic has nothing to do with the post. Posted by Picasa

I moved here in 1980 from Malaysia. Pretty much spent half my life in each place. Thought I'd post some random observations... here are 7.

  • 1. I have met and know more people in America who have "done time" than I ever did in Malaysia.
  • 2. As a general rule Americans are attention hogs and are more up front about it than Malaysians will ever be.
  • 3. The submissive, demure, elegant, mysterious, Asian woman... is the biggest myth ever perpetuated on Western culture... and it is still going strong.
  • 4. In America religion is probably the number one commodity that is sold over every form of media known to man.
  • 5. Americans are always talking about their history... Malaysians hardly ever do.
  • 6. Americans eat to live... Malaysians live to eat.
  • 7. Per capita, probably the same amount of wild sex is happening in both places... Malaysians are just not about advertizing the fact everytime they get laid.


11 Responses to “Observations since I moved to America”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    The whole *getting-laid and bragging about it* thing is culturally driven IMO, its huge with the date-raping frat jocks and their idiot female counter parts are just as bad. It’s perpetuated by their lifestyles and their need to feel desired [for the girls] and macho [for the boys]. Again, this is just my opinion. But yeah, its tacky. Americans are so fucking annoying sometimes. Hahah. ::cough::

  2. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Ms. Bees... I concur. Perhaps the whole "goal orientation" push in the culture has mutated over the years and perpetuated this mindset.

    Look at us getting all "serious". Fuck that! LOL! Let me know about your "mango vodka" episode if and when you do imbibe. cheers!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    HAHA! me? serious? ::shiver:: ... time to get muh drink on...xo!

  4. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Thereminman... believe it or not... it's our klingon battle cruiser city hall.

  5. Blogger aughra 

    very interesting. And what do you like best about each place?

  6. Blogger airplanejayne 

    thereminman --
    just go to the store. If you're alone, it ain't called bragging...

    I think.

  7. Blogger lecram sinun 

    aughra - the people... their differences and their similarities are a constant source of fasination and wonder to me.

    apj - we need to get you a boy toy... you've been going to the store way too much.

  8. Blogger lecram sinun 

    jenny - it's tough to explain the "food-centricness" in malaysian culture. for instance malaysians often greet each other with "what's news" which is quickly followed with "have you eaten yet". often the former is simply omitted for the latter greeting. food is not so much an obsession in malaysia but more a way of living... some would argue the "art of living".

    a friend's recent post may give you further insight into this cultural quirk.

  9. Blogger KFarmer 

    My father was in the service and we traveled quite a bit. I always enjoyed meeting new people/friends and found out that as with every country, the different regions reflect the views and cultures of the individuals. Pretty interesting stuff really.

  10. Blogger Mustang 

    How do you reconcile #4 with #7?

    M

  11. Blogger lecram sinun 

    kfarmer - shakespeare was right I guess... the world IS a stage! :)

    mustang - i've just created my own reality and invited people in.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters