Little girls getting knocked up


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I look across the classroom and I spot at least 4 who are in different stages of pregnancy. Ages between 15 -17. This class has a total enrollment of 16. So, one quarter of this class is pregnant. Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of it.

Over the years I have seen more underage pregnancy than I've wanted to. Most of these kids come from "at risk" backgrounds. Many of their parents were parents at an early age as well. So now, there is this totally dysfunctional "tradition" running in these families. Just like there are at least a 3 to 4 generation "tradition" of street gang membership in many of these same families. Where does it stop?

I'm not here to moralize about teen sex. I just think it is immoral to bring a new life into this world when one is still so ill prepared to take care of oneself.


5 Responses to “Little girls getting knocked up”

  1. Blogger lecram sinun 

    paul - i hear you man, i'm sure there are complex issues involved as well... in your neck of the woods and mine. perhaps the issues are not that different.

    thereminman - in this case i think the song being sung is "every sperm is sacred."

    jenny - i think you bring a very valid point. it is an issue of values. perhaps we (as a "modern" culture) are running so fast that we are just trying to grab on to whatever we can for some kind of validation. thank you for sharing.:)

  2. Blogger airplanejayne 

    Lecram -
    Two of my student's from last year:
    one pregnant, one arrested for turning tricks.

    Oh yeah, did I forget to remind you?
    --I teach 7th grade.

    That means 13 year olds pregnant and turning tricks....

    just plain sick....and sad, sad, sad.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Wow.

    In my area being pregnant before you graduated high school was seen as so embaressing that you had to drop out. Families and society actually encouraged it.

    Me? My mother taught teenage pregnancy prevention classes. I started carrying a condom in my purse 4 years before I had sex, and even now while I'm monogomus and semi-sterile I still carry them in my purse. Just in case. Mom engrained it in me.

  4. Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles 

    My two cent rant: You have to take away the mystery and the urge to break the rules will lessen. This applies towards sex, drugs, alcohol - all of it.

    The Talibornagains, as fuzzyandblue.blogspot.com affectionately calls them, are so infatuated with preaching abstinence, they are blind to the fact that they're green-lighting oral sex "cause it's not intercourse." Talk about kids with low self-esteem, who'll do anything to be accepted. And they're still contracting terrible STDs.

    I got "the talk" from my mom after I became active at 16. I give kudos to my brother and his wife who have confidantly and responsibly answered their sons' questions about everything.

    Kids today are already struggling before they even have a chance to make their own way. I wish they all had someone to nurture and guide them.

  5. Blogger lecram sinun 

    airplanejayne, Jenny, autumn, Rose-Colored Beer Goggles - all wonderful sharings and valid perpectives on the subject. truly a complex issue that has no easy answers. i guess we can only begin in our own "pond" so to speak and do what we can to make that difference.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters