roadshow caption


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Once in a while I'll catch the Antique Roadshow just to see what crazy monetary value is placed on an object. Last week there was a wooden box valued at $40,000! That is usually my cue to fall off my chair.

Lately I've been looking for something entirely different in the show. Just about everyone on the show says something like, "I'm never going to sell it... this has more sentimental value to me than money." This is then quickly followed by something like, "But out of curiosity... it'll be nice to know what it's worth."

The appraiser then tells them. For instance, in this picture the lady has just been told that the Tang Dynasty figure her grandparents bought in China is worth between $100,000 and $150,000. (Just for the record... I fell off my chair twice.) Then for about 3 seconds there is this look... and we know there is a quick reassessment on any sentimentality professed earlier clicking wildly in their heads. (And yes, I captured this exact moment while watching tonight.)

If we had the capability to see this lady's thought bubbles just like in the comic-books... what do you think it would say? LOL!


0 Responses to “roadshow caption”


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters