spring forward, fall back...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



... and it's time to fall back. My computer reminded me today so, this means walking around the house adjusting clocks and replacing batteries in the smoke alarms.

I spent the latter half of the afternoon checking out internet videos both on Goggle and YouTube. It was actually quite entertaining to see what was out there. I was reminded that both Hari Raya (the end of Ramadan) and Deepavalli (the Hindu festival of lights) celebrations were taking place back in Malaysia. I flashed back to all the food that was involved at these celebrations... going out to visit the "open house" of friends celebrating ... and the sweet inertia that sets in after all that eating. It did make me wonder what has changed after all these many years of being away.

Anyway, here is video of one of my favorite celebrations that usually takes place around January or February every year. It is the Hindu celebration of Thaipusam. This is when people who have made vows to the Lord Murugan fulfill them. It's wonderfully colorful... but certainly NOT for the squeamish.



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters