Jogging the memory... and boppin along.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Memories... good or bad are often triggered by some assault of the senses. It still amazes me how the sight of a photograph, the scent of a certain perfume. the special touch of the skin, the taste of a spice... can all`bring us back to a time, place and situation.

This happened to me the other day when in a fleeting moment my ears caught a few bars of this song. It triggered a memory of when I was 5 years old watching one of my aunts dancing around and singing along as it played on the radio. Nothing earth-shattering or particularly significant... simply a memory of a time and place that seemed so long ago.

Anyway, for the past few days I have been obsessed with it. One refrain kept bouncing in an endless loop over and over again in my head.

"Boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, boom, boom! "

Not in a crazy and annoying " It's a small world after all " kinda way... that would have sent me screaming to the loony hut. This was more of the smiley, slightly goofy, bop my head as I walk down the sidewalk, kinda thang. So much so, every situation I've observed for the last 5 days has had that refrain as a perpetual soundtrack in my head. And because of of this, the most mundane thing has become that much more entertaining.

Distinguished man at the cafe spills coffee over his newspaper.
"Boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, boom, boom! "
Student on the cusp of graduating discovers he has a failing grade and only 2 weeks of school left.
"Boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, boom, boom! "
Rolling the garbage out on "pick-up" day.
"Boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, boom, boom! "
Slightly intoxicated man pays his bill and walks out of the bar.
Boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, boom, boom! "
Pretty girl straightens the hem of her skirt and walks into bank.
"Boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, dee, dee, boom, boom, boom! "

See what I mean? So, you got one?


6 Responses to “Jogging the memory... and boppin along.”

  1. Blogger airplanejayne 

    just a few mondays ago, I heard "Manic Monday" on the radio. for the rest of the day I kept seeing things going wrong, and the chorus would run thru my head: "...just another manic monday, (uew-e-uew), wish it was sunday (uew-e-uew)..."

  2. Blogger vertebrate 

    Ooooh yes. I remember enjoying Seller's Indian accent. Dick van Dyke couldn't have done better.

    I wonder if that Asian comedy programme was titled after this tune? Has it come to the colonies yet?

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    la la la la la la la

  4. Blogger airplanejayne 

    oh yeah, I remember! the la-la song! Hmmm...now how does it go?

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    errr...no, not that one, it's the Japanese la la. Oh well, la la la la la la la

  6. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Vert,
    No, that program has not come to the colonies yet.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters