Chick Flicks I like


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is only because I watched "Under the Tuscan Sun" recently... which I liked. So here goes a short list of 10. None of these are in any particular order... and there are probably more that I like that I've forgotten.

* Like Water For Chocolate (also a great food movie)
* Shall We Dance" (both versions - English & Japanese)
* When Harry Met Sally ( one of the better "he thunk, she thunk" movies)
* The Road Home (theres food in this one too)
* Gone With The Wind (epic, melodramatic, silly - gotta love it!)
* Love Actually ( also fast emerging as one of my Christmas favorites)
* Amelie (quirky & charming)
* Sliding Doors (love the "what if" concept)
* Doctor Zhivago ( its David Lean - what's not to love? OK, the 60's hairstyles and costume designs are funny... but apart from that...)
* Indochine ( filmed in Malaysia)
* The Tall Guy ( great "date flick")

Honorable mention for "Ju Dou" - plays like a Greek tragedy & I love Gong Li.

UPDATE 1. 11:33: Found this blog and enjoyed the story.


6 Responses to “Chick Flicks I like”

  1. Blogger ScarySquirrelMan 

    chick flicks?
    what women want (sensitive)
    miss congeniality (cinderella story)
    twister (professional)
    dancing at the blue iguana (...um...okay, not so much a chick flick as it is a flick with hot chicks)
    sex and lucia (true love)
    tank girl (kick yo' ass macho)
    the opposite of sex (power)
    a league of their own (independence)
    speed (keanu reeves)
    and the number one chick flick in the world is...(drum roll please)...
    SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE!!!!
    do i know chick flicks or what? damn, i am en fuego!!!

  2. Blogger airplanejayne 

    okay, for a pair of guys, not bad...but since my fellowette chicks haven't chimed in yet (I know, Ms. Ob-se-ssive, you're still compiling...)
    Here's my list, in no particular order:

    Chocolat ('cause I'll watch Johnny Depp in anything, but everything is better in chocolate)

    Ever After (a real Cinderella story, dammit)

    Legends of the Fall (yes, it's my Achilles heel...in the movie that's not Troy)

    An Affair to Remember (because if I had an affair like that, I'd remember it too)

    Down with Love (Obi-wan, 60's style)

    Speed (Keanu Reeves.....whoa)

    Notorious (the original with C.Grant....)

    Sleepless in Seattle (hey - it ties to another of my favs...)

    The Age of Innocence (scene in carriage where he takes off her glove is hot-hot-hot!)

    The English Patient (yea, I know - he's covered in bandages! But the flashbacks are fantastic)

    Of course, as usual, I retain the right to change my mind....and my choices!

    APj

  3. Blogger airplanejayne 

    --see what I mean?

    Honorable mentions:

    crouching tiger, hidden dragon (or vice-versa, whichever way it goes)

    House of Flying Daggers

    okay...for now
    :-)

  4. Blogger Lelly 

    Brief Encounter (so frightfully British!)
    Thelma and Louise
    Up The Junction (fantastic!Sixties and London...two of my favourite things in films)
    Inside Daisy Clover (young Natalie Wood playing 'A Star is Born' type scenario..haven't seen it for years but always remember the last scene when she's walking along the beach as her house blows up behind her)
    My Beautiful Laundrette (Daniel Day-Lewis before he turned into an arsehole)
    Tomb Raider (but ONLY cos Daniel Craig is in it!!)
    International Velvet (The only film that's ever made me cry...?!!)
    What Women Want (but ONLY cos it reminds me of girly weekend in Noo Yawk...otherwise it bollocks!)
    Breakfast at Tiffanys
    Funny Face (for the dance sequence in the jazz club...them cats were cool!)

  5. Blogger jade ed girl 

    Well I kept trying to post my list, APj, but everytime I saw your list I had to run to the store:b

    -Moulin Rouge, because Ewan McGregor is a huge talent.
    -Pillow Book, because E McG has a huge talent.
    -Say Anything, any guy who'd stand outside your window with a boombox over his head playing "In Your Eyes" is majorly crush-worthy
    -Chocolat, JD with long hair, an Irish accent and playing the guitar...oh...my...god!!!
    -Playing By Heart, just a great story 'bout love and family.
    -The Dreamers- hot, hot, hot. Who is that young French lad?
    -Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down, for obvious reasons.
    -Good Will Hunting- Cuz all he really needed was the the love of a good woman:)And it takes place in Southie, and my Grandfather used to tend bar in the bar they filmed at.
    -Before Sunset, and After Sunrise, young American finds romance on foreign soil, twice.
    -The Lover, or Hero or Chung King Express or anything else with Tony Leung in it, yum...

  6. Blogger airplanejayne 

    Jade -
    ....oops, sorry, I forgot what I was going to say....
    --but I think I need to run to the store, so I'll catch ya' later!
    :-)


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters