What's Sarong with That?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



In her most recent post Lelly alluded to the acrobatics that those of the female persuasion perform when changing in public places, while still attempting to preserve some level of modesty. Kinda like the " slip off the bra while keeping the shirt on" thing Jennifer Beals executed in "Flashdance."

I remember first witnessing a similar tricky manuever as a kid and finding it disturbingly arousing. Actually, I still find it arousing... but far from disturbing. It is the absence of skin that makes it sexy.

In my experience the sarong was used as the "portable changing room." It was a visit to a rural village on Langkawi and bathtime for the women at the local well. The men were well out of sight. I was 4 or 5 at the time and was given the "exempt card" for being in the company of bathing women. (On a tangent: why do women think we will not remember these things just because we are kids?) They took their baths in sarongs and used a second sarong to change out of the wet one and into dry clothes. I was mesmerized... and probably drooling but I was 5 and had my age as a perfect excuse. I became an instant convert to the sarong.

Since then, a woman in a sarong has always managed to get my attention. To me there is nothing sexier. Especially when worn as a wrap off the shoulders. Throw a jacket on and it instantly becomes "elegant evening wear."

I still own several and whenever I go out of town I always make sure to pack a couple in the bag. Its the best Summer-wear I know of on a balmy night. I have often thrown "sarong parties" and have given them on occasion as gifts. Sarongs.... ah, sarongs.


7 Responses to “What's Sarong with That?”

  1. Blogger airplanejayne 

    Lecram,
    in high school, we called that a "cheerleader change" because you could change on the bus, etc.
    interestingly enough (or not), we "cheerleader changed" Steve's little brother in a club about 5 years ago. And since he was older than 4, he remembers it very well!

  2. Blogger lecram sinun 

    I bet he does.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I left my poor sarong
    In a pub in Aberdeen
    Got mistaken for an ethnic kilt
    And again never seen

  4. Blogger airplanejayne 

    -cause if you wore a kilt of any kind in Aberdeen, South Dakota, they'd run you out of the state....
    oh -- you didn't mean THAT Aberdeen?
    Never mind.
    :O

  5. Blogger ScarySquirrelMan 

    whatsa matta you?
    what sarong with me?
    if we are in love
    we should never disagree.

  6. Blogger Lelly 

    sarong to make fun
    or structure a pun
    'round Lecram's epiphany
    on the isle of Langkawi

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    It's true. I was fortunate benefactor of the "extra sarong" to share when we went to SF Fringe during a HEAT WAVE!

    And thanks for the sarongs that you gave me for gifts. They are beautiful and are being used.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters