I do impressions right here on this blog!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Years ago, when I was terrorizing the airwaves on the local college station I did a show called Fourplay. Other than the obvious play on the sexual connotation of the name... There were actually 4 of us, who for half an hour, once a week "played"on the radio. It was supposed to be a "comedy" show ala "Firesign Theatre" or the"Goon Show," but after the first episode we collectively decided to promo it as "a show where anything can happen... and often did." This was safer than claiming that what we did was comedy.

Anyway, one of the bits we did was called " Magic on the Radio" and in our first show we made the Fresno Water Tower disappear... on the radio! Pretty spectacular , huh?

Anyway, lately, I've got to thinking (usually things get a little dangerous when I do) that I attempt something similar on my blog. Not magic tricks.... impressions. My friends have told me that I do good impressions. Sure, I can do the Marlon Brando and the Jimmy Stewarts... but I specialize in the obscure.

The impression I'm going to do today is from that long forgotten classic "Bobby Deerfield," starring Al Pacino and Marthe Keller. Since it is a "long forgotten classic" I figured that this needs some setup before I attempt this impression - remember, I like doing obscure impressions.

PREMISE: Bobby Deerfield (Al Pacino), a famous American race car driver on the European circuit, falls in love with the enigmatic Lillian Morelli (Marthe Keller), who is terminally ill. (from imdb.com)

THE SETUP: In this scene, Bobby makes an attempt to show Lillian that he can be spontaneous - something that she has accused him of not being. So, he awkwardly launches and with much trepidation into his impression of Mae West. (see how obscure this is... I will be doing Al Pacino doing Mae West!)

Are we ready? I'm a little rusty.... but here goes.


ME as AL:

Um

my brother says that I do a great impression of Mae West.

Who is May West?

Um


She was some kind of a





sex bomb back in the States.


(stands up and poses as Mae West)

They tell me you're selling notions



..........what kind of notions are you selling,

big boy?



Um



Come up and see me some time

big boy.


(singing)

A

good man

is hard to find





big boy.


Um



That's it.



So, what do you think? Not bad, huh?


3 Responses to “I do impressions right here on this blog!”

  1. Blogger Lelly 

    That's uncanny!!!
    Way back in the...50's?...60's? there used to be a ventriloquist who used to perform on UK radio (So I'm told, far too young to have heard it of course!)

  2. Blogger lecram sinun 

    Lelly, yeah Edger Bergen (Candice's dad) started of here on the radio in the 30's.

    Glad you liked it. I've honed that impression for years.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    um.......


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters