flip, pick and riff


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is loosely based on an exercise I learned at a playwriting workshop. I've adapted it for blogging purposes.

1. FLIP open a dictionary and point to a word.
2. Type the word into Google images.
3. PICK an image that strikes you.
4. Write a 10 line RIFF off the image.
5. Use the word or the meaning of the word at least once within the first 5 lines of your riff.
6. Tag 3 other bloggers on your list.

THE WORD: CHANCE

Dickie knew this was his last chance. There would not be another. He was painfully aware of his mistakes from the past and lit a cigarette to help calm his nerves. The importance of the first impression was essential for success. He mentally went over his check-list. Within 2 puffs he felt her whispy presence take her seat in front of him. He smiled at her beauty even though he could not see her. He leaned forward and figured it was time to break the ice. "So, what kind of music are you in to?" he asked. It's tough rehearsing for a first date.

I'm tagging Aughra, Jade and Stacie... let's see if they'll play. Heck, if anyone wants to steal it... be my guest!

UPDATE: In an insane moment of shameless self promotion... the FIRST 20 Bloggers who play this game (and lets me know via posting a comment here on this post) will receive a PRIZE! (It ain't worth much... you'll receive it via email... but hey, it's a prize!)


26 Responses to “flip, pick and riff”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    that's really far too much work for ms bees knees. just thinking about doing all of that is making me thirsty. someone get me a cocktail. haha! i'm just catching up on your blog dear. xo!

  2. Blogger aughra 

    crap. I want to, give me a day or two...

  3. Blogger KFarmer 

    great stuff as usual... you amaze me, really.

  4. Blogger The Diva ♥ 

    oh wow now thats creative for a tag. lots of work but creative!

  5. Blogger lecram sinun 

    paul - I'll see you for sure. Swamped at work so I will just be a lurker. Perhaps I'll have something next week for HNT.

    ms.bees - yeah, it is... but it's fun.

    aughra - take your time. looking forward to what you come up with. :)

    kfarmer - actually Sam Shepard needs to take the credit... I learned it at a workshop he conducted many moons ago.

    blue1aqua1 - It'll be interesting to see what you come up with... steal it! lol!

  6. Blogger Lelly 

    hey Cuz, just checking in to let you know that I've completed the Wild Weekend in Wales epic...AND responded to your 23rd post 5th sentence tag (v. dull, I'm afraid!)

  7. Blogger Carlyjayjay 

    OK, fair enough. I've done it, you madman!

  8. Blogger warcrygirl 

    Okay, ask and you shall receive. Let me know what you think.

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Did it. Fun exercise.

  10. Blogger G. S. Enns 

    This looks fun. I'll try to find that crazy crazy time for it. I'd love to try it out soon. Thanks for sharing.

  11. Blogger Debi 

    Hey this was fun! I tagged my 3 :)

  12. Blogger Thomcat 

    ok dokie, did my duty ! fun stuff :)

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ok, I took the bait.

  14. Blogger Generik 

    I may not be in the first 20, but I will definitely do this when I get a chance. Thanks for the notice, I expect to have some fun with it.

    But right now, I gotta go! Seizure!

  15. Blogger lecram sinun 

    PRIZE COUNT UPDATE:

    1. Carlyjayjay
    2. warcrygirl
    3. Mr_Blog
    4. goobergirl
    5. thomcat_13
    6. Ric Soard

    14 prizes to go! BTW... you guys are totally rocking on this!

  16. Blogger Sam 

    I'm so doing this, great idea. My post won't be up until Friday due to HNT madness, would you like me to email it to you as proof?

  17. Blogger lecram sinun 

    G. S. Enns & generik - looking forward to it!

    sam - I'll cruise by tomorrow. I know you'll rock on it!

  18. Blogger Sam 

    I'm done, it will be posted late Thursday night so as not to interfere with HNT fun! My word is "kneel".

  19. Blogger BlazngScarlet 

    I will SOOOOO play this game!

    I will post it on Friday!


    *giggling*

  20. Blogger MG 

    got 20 yet???

  21. Blogger Stephanie 

    OK - I did mine & tagged 3 others. It's under my HNT - I'll move it up later!!

  22. Blogger Tish 

    Awesome job, Lecram! And I just finished playing! That was fun! :)

  23. Blogger lecram sinun 

    PRIZE COUNT UPDATE:

    1. Carlyjayjay
    2. warcrygirl
    3. Mr_Blog
    4. goobergirl
    5. thomcat_13
    6. Ric Soard
    7. snavylyn
    8. Tish
    9. sam (who is posting later tonight)

    11 prizes to go! BTW... I'll be posting links to their submissions later tonight.

  24. Blogger Maverick 

    Alright! I did it! Yay :-)


    Spitting in a Wishing Well

  25. Blogger Fig 

    Me! Me! I put mine up last night... and tagged 3 more.

    Such a fun idea!

  26. Blogger Jen 

    Can't say as I've read your blog before, but found you by tracking back through the invites for flip, pick, and riff. I took up your challenge too.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters