A weekend coming up...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



... and I'm still cleaning. LOL! Transforming this was only part of the diabolical plan. There is more involved with this project. And Solitaire hit it on the nose... all of this (including the blog template) is part of my "new chapter". Once everything is completed I'll make sure you get a full report.

For all of you who came by to check out my HNT... a BIG THANK YOU! For those of you who came by and left a kind comment a BIGGER THANK YOU!

Not much else to say at the moment so I guess I'll just post my weekend movie selection for this week.

Now The Tall Guy has been a particular favorite of mine for quite a while. Written by Richard Curtis, this romantic comedy has left me in stitches on several occasions. There is a witty, quirky and lovable quality to this film that follows the misadventures of Dexter (Jeff Goldblum) - an actor sentenced to play the thankless role of "the other guy" in a one man comedy revue... where he isn't the star!

Throw in the practical, no-nonsense charms of nurse Kate Lemon (Emma Thompson) as the other half of the romance. Heap in the assholeness of Ron Anderson (Rowan Atkinson) as the star of said one man comedy revue. Stir in one of the messiest and funniest sex scenes ever filmed. Sprinkle in the absurdity of staging a musical version of The Elephant Man... and you have The Tall Guy.

Apart from being high on my personal list of great "date movies" (if my date doesn't like this movie... it's time to look for another)... I have also been known to quote a certain obscure line from it on more than one occasion.
"And you all presumably know me... I'm Gavin."
Needless to say, this has left many around me totally befuddled (which Zonthar can attest to... is my sacred mission in life.) If you are a theatre nerd... there are so many "in" jokes it will set your head spinning. If you're not, the movie still works it's charm nevertheless. I actually have a theory that the character Emma plays here is continued years later in the character she plays in"Love Actually" (another Richard Curtis movie I like a lot).

EDIT: 10:47 AM - Here is another quote from the movie:

Ron Anderson: Listen, Dexter, is there something troubling you? Something that you would like to talk to someone about?
Dexter: Well, yes, as a matter of fact there is...
Ron Anderson: Then for fuck's sake talk to someone about it, will you? And sort it out before I sack you and hire a lobotomized monkey to play your role. Okay?

Anyway, do yourself a favor of mirth and check it out!

Cheers!



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters