I would have posted something...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



... tonight for tomorrow... but here is something to hold you over.

On Fridays I will post a weekend movie selection. I will begin with this movie... Kundun (which means "Ocean of Wisdom" or "The Presence"). If you have not seen it yet... you really should. It was directed by Martin Scorsese. This movie cronicles the life of the Dalai Lama up to his exile in India. It's a visual feast that is quite unlike any movie we have been conditioned by Hollywood to experience. Most western reviewers had a problem with this movie... I think because it didn't fit within the safe and standard mold that they set for themselves. I love it. I think it is one of Scorsese's masterpieces (perhaps that is what the reviewers could not shake... perhaps they wanted to see a Tibetan Goodfellas... LOL!) The movie treats the audience as intellengent individuals and doesn't go out of it's way to explain what and why... but simply presents what is.

It's one of those movies that I pull out every 6 months or so to remind me that we are all here to fullfill a purpose. That life is a challenge... and that we can meet it with grace. There is a wonderful scene when the "chosen"as a child is told that his purpose in this life is to love... to simply love. If every child is told and reminded of that... hmmm... think of the posibilities. So, if you are looking for an experience unlike any other... watch it this weekend.

And if you do... let me know what you thought of it.

I'll update later in the afternoon.

UPDATE 10:30 AM

So, over the next couple of days I will be doing something about this mess. I'm excited about it because a couple of new purchases will be part of this "makeover." In fact, I'm starting this evening with the help of a couple of friends. After which we are planning on trying out the "USA approved" bottle of absinthe that I found available at a local liquor store. Sure, it will probably lack the wormwood... so, the green fairy may not dance with us like she did last Summer,,, but hey, it's worth a shot. I'll post pics one the makeover is compete.

UPDATE 3:35 PM

* I'm considering a new template for my blog.
* whackman has bitten at the bait and posted more pics.
* The opposite of love is indifference.


13 Responses to “I would have posted something...”

  1. Blogger b o o 

    i love to love, simply love. life is bootiful. can't wait for your update :)

  2. Blogger KFarmer 

    The movie sounds wonderful. Perhaps one day I will sit down long enough to watch it-

    This morning no law desk to tie me down. Worked 36 hrs in 4 days so I'm off to pick strawberries :)

  3. Blogger erika 

    That movie looks really interesting. I don't know much about the Dalai Lama. I also like Martin Scorse.

  4. Blogger Lolly 

    I'll see what I can do.

  5. Blogger Stephanie 

    I just put this in my Netflix queue because it was highly recommended by my mom & brother. Now I have a 3rd source telling me to watch!! I am looking forward to it's arrival!

    Have a great weekend!!

  6. Blogger Unknown 

    I have never seen a bad Scorsese movie..I want to thank you for posting about it..I need some of the Dalai's wisdom to get over this 'hump' lately..thanks sweetie :)

  7. Blogger lecram sinun 

    boo - love it that you love loving. LOL!

    KFarmer - have fun picking.

    erika & lolly - it's worth a look see.

    snavylyn - let me know your impressions once you've done seeing it.

    sol - sounds like a challenge.

    dusty - I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit. Hope you're feeling better.

  8. Blogger lime 

    thanks for thew tip/ ive got lots of idle time while i recover.

  9. Blogger Unknown 

    Methinks the absinthe would help me..lol. I have never tried that spirit..you must tell me how it goes..

    good luck on "that" room..your gonna need the help of friends m'dear :P

  10. Blogger lecram sinun 

    lime - yeah, I read about your adventures. I think the movie may be good tonic for you.

    dusty - Yeah... but the lack of wormwood in the mix may leave us unsatiated. LOL!

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey there!

    Wishing you a great weekend ahead - don't clean too much!!

    xoxo,
    Bug

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Porky's 3 is very much like the movie you talk about. Minus the gratuitous nudity and vulgar language...which leaves me wondering why you're recommending this film. Does it have chase scenes, car crashes or a Halloween ending?

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Indifference is better than hate...isn't it?


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters