Rogue Impressions... 2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



To read the first part CLICK HERE!

March 4
I had let it be known to all the Rogue Core that I would be unavailable until after my show at 7 PM. Headed for a shot of caffeine at the local coffeeshop in the morning and got a mess of viddles for Mum. I then spent 3 more hours going over the show.

By early afternoon I transported the props for "Junkarella" behind the theater and bopped around checking on the venues. Caught snips of the other shows. At 3:30... loaded "Junkarella" in for their 4 PM show then locked myself in my truck until 6:30 and went over the script again.

It was one of those shows which I knew would have to be cooked infront of an audience a couple of times before it would be "ready". Zonthar came by at 6 and we discussed where and when the soundtrack would be used in the show. He kept trying to reassure me as any good director would do.

I did the show. It was a little klunky... but I pulled through it. It didn't help me that I saw the reviewer in the audience... but I pulled through it. That night... I partied... but not too hard as I had to perform the next day.

March 5 - 11
Not going to bore you further with the rest of the day to day blow by blow of the festival. Suffice to say that for the most part (from the inside) things went quite well. Here are pics to prove it.

Despite the weather most of the venues were doing well. The party was a blast... with picture evidence.

The following is from the final day.

Kamotion had flown in from New Jersey on Wednesday and the night before ScarySquirrelMan had trained it in from Washington. It was old home week for the Rogue as a growing group of lovable "has beens" were in town to celebrate what we had collectively built together over the last 5 years. One of my oldest friends, Kien, was in town from London doing the Festival. This "head-scratcher of a festival" we had cultivated was bearing fruit and creating fertile ground for more. I could now leave it to thrive on it's own legs. What more could a guy ask for?

My last performance was to be at 5:30 PM, Saturday. I had been holed up in my truck since 3 going over the script. We were having weather and it was bloody cold. Earlier it had hailed. By the time I got into the theater at 5, I was convinced that the performance would be poorly attended.

I sat in the dark backstage getting into my show "zone"... going over what I had done before and considering some edits and changes. The coda to the show had never been set in stone which gave me the opportunity to try different endings. Suddenly, the coda I used the night before hit me.

"My Dad died when I was 12. We were not wealthy people so there was no inheritance... just these stories. But I have these stories and they have made me a richer person. (PAUSE) What do you have?"

For the next 5 minutes I sobbed quietly in the dark and solitude backstage as the audience filed in. The truth of those lines finally hit the teller. Part of it was knowing that this could be the last time I do this show. The passing of those stories to me from my father... would probably end with this audience.

The announcements were made and I went on stage to a well attended house to tell these tales one last time. I had a grand time doing it. It was grand sharing my inheritance with friends and strangers.

Right after the show, I pulled up in my truck in front of the Starline (another Rogue Mainstage). As I got out a friend called out, "Congratulations on a successful production! Wonderful show!" . The people standing in line turned to look at me and spontaneously broke out into applause. It was complete.




15 Responses to “Rogue Impressions... 2”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Marcel, I am proud to be associated with you and thank you for making me a star baby. LOL I am so glad that it worked out well. Congratulations and it has to be kismet that you came up with the perfect coda to the show on the last night the show would be performed. Have you thought about publishing those stories? I would like to read them. Just sayin ...
    TG

  2. Blogger lecram sinun 

    tommy - I will be edting the show soon. I'll see what I can do to get it out there. :)

  3. Blogger Zonthar 

    Sorry again that I couldn't be there for the last shows, but I'm glad they went great- I told you the stories had power! And hey, you finally found the ending! Proud of you, man...

  4. Blogger lime 

    i agree with tommy. i'd so very much like to experience the stories. wish i could have seen that show! you're a wise man to know how rich they made you. and what a perfect coda! thanks for letting us be a small part of this whole thing.

  5. Blogger Trashed 

    Mana itu video ?

  6. Blogger lecram sinun 

    sol - it was great having you join the circus. Yeah, many of us have certain parts of the party blocked out.

    zonthar - I have to thank you for taking this journey with me. Our "rehearsals" really helped. You must be glad that I didn't get you to purge my demons on my behalf this time. :)

    lime - your participation was probably the boldest experiment in the whole festival. It is I who has to thank all of you for diving in. :) On another note... give me a month or so to decide how I want to handle the script.

    trashed - video itu tak jadi. Someone offered but I refused knowing that "live" was the only way to go. The script may be available soon though.

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    WHEW! sounds like you all kicked some serious ass this year. nice going sugar. next stop: world domination. you down? ::wink::

  8. Blogger lecram sinun 

    ms. bees - only with you , darling... only with you. ::smirk::

  9. Blogger ScarySquirrelMan 

    so, what's this about a festival? is it still going on? what's good to see? can i buy tickets in advance? where's fresno?

  10. Blogger Lee Ann 

    You did an awesome job with the Rogue. I enjoyed the chat, although there were not too many of us that chatted. It was great fun watching the pics roll on the big screen through your webcam.

  11. Blogger S 

    Sounds like the entire thing went over quite well....ok next year i'll try to make it! Happy HNT

  12. Blogger Hoochie Mama 

    It sounds like it turned out great!

    Maybe you can rest now?

    Happy HNT!

  13. Blogger lecram sinun 

    ssm - yes, you can buy tickets in advance... just send a big fat check made out to me.

    lee ann - yeah, folks were shy about chatting/commenting... but they were sure looking! :)

    sol - I knew you would. Hey, with Kien in town we could do a special HNT trio post.

    barefoot_mistress - hopefully, we'll see you here next year.

    TequilaGirl - I think I'll need one more weekend to recover. Thanks again for participating. :)

  14. Blogger lecram sinun 

    paul - copuldn't have done it without you! :)

  15. Blogger aughra 

    That looks like it was so awesome.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters