ahh... weekend!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It all began on Friday. Kowboi had been busting his much desired butt (just ask the ladies around here) in the heat of the afternoon helping me realize some transformations around the homestead. Jade Ed came by for some help buying a computer and the lovely Rachel had also stopped by... just cuz. The evening had the promise of being pleasant so we decided that it may be fun to dance with the green faerie. Not with the stuff that contained the illegal European wormwood (heavens no - that's coming later this Summer)... but instead with the more readily available stuff that uses the Southern wormwood... and comes with a free spoon! An enchanting night was had by all to say the least.

The next day I put calls out to some of the usual gang touting a meat burning. The flimsiest of reasons (for a meat burning... they are all flimsy) being the celebration of transforming this - into the picture to the right. Sure, it's still a little untidy... but notice the lack of surface space - thus throwing out the temptation to pile things on. This transformation also includes a spanking new 26 inch HD ready TV which also doubles as my computer monitor... one of my recent purchases from part of the tax refund.

So, the gang ambles over at around 5 ish and ooohhs and aaahh's over this transformation in the office as they guzzle on their poisons of choice and the meat burns over the glowing coals. But we still have another ace up our sleeves. Kowboi has been working off and on realizing one of my dreams for the last 2 weeks. My poor garage has been the choice of storage for junk since Moses was a baby. Everyone knows this... so, I tell them to walk in. And they find this (look at the picture below). Yes, it has been cleaned out and I now have what for so many years was only a pipe dream - my very own movie theater... with 2 levels of theater seats and all! The latter half of the evening was spent screening this movie selection for the now wide-eyed gang.

Thanks to the kind efforts of Kowboi, I now have the perfect excuse to never leave the house ever again... except for this morning when I treated Mum at her favorite buffet place for Mother's Day. All yo Mamas out there... have a really good one!

So, that has been my weekend. Now just to clean up the aftermath from last night.

EDIT: 5:16 PM

For the benefit of Kfarmer (to explain the spoon) I'm reprinting this from this FAQ page.

WHAT IS ABSINTHE?

Absinthe is an alcoholic drink made with an extract from wormwood (Artemisia absinthium). It is an emerald green drink which is very bitter (due to the presence of absinthin) and is therefore traditionally poured over a perforated spoonful of sugar into a glass of water. The drink then turns into an opaque white as the essential oils precipitate out of the alcoholic solution. Absinthe was once popular among artists and writers and was used by Van Gogh, Baudelaire, and Verlaine, to name a few. It appears to have been believed to stimulate creativity. However, in the 1850's, there began to be concern about the results of chronic use. Absinthe's association with the bohemian lifestyle also worked to compound fears about its effects, much as has happened with marijuana in America. Absinthe was subsequently banned in many countries in the beginning of the 1900's.


0 Responses to “ahh... weekend!”


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters