on the menu today...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



... I stirred up a nice big bowl of zesty and spicy Gazpacho (chunky, of course... love the crunch) and cut watermelon in the fridge. And got a loaf of sourdough. I think I'll be grazing all day. In fact, I'm off for some watermelon now.

Some of my favorite Summer fixin's.

I'll update later... and include the weekend movie selection.

UPDATE: It's later.

Since KFarmer asked in the comment section... I'll share my version of Gazpacho with you.

What you'll need...

Part 1
3 cucumbers (seeded - scooped out with a spoon - then diced)
5 firm tomatoes (seeded - scooped out with a spoon - then diced)
3 bell peppers (seeded- then diced)
1 hot pepper (seeded- then diced)
1/2 sweet red onion (diced)
1 clove garlic - smashed or finely chopped

Part 2
red wine vinegar - 2 tablespoons
Worcester sauce - 2 tablespoons
squeeze of one lime
salt & pepper to taste

Part 3
1 can V8
1 can V8 spicy

Put part one in a bowl. Season to taste with part 2 and let it sit for 10 minutes to marinade. Put the seeded portions of the cucumber and tomatoes into a blender with the V8. Blend then pour into the bowl with part 1 & 2. Cool in fridge for 1 hour.

Generous servings for 4 and should be eaten with hot bread. It's the perfect anytime Summer dish and really great with Sangria...

weekend movie selection

I'm sure most have wondered on some occasions how different our lives would have gone if...
  • we had caught that bus instead of missing it
  • we had not approached that person sitting at the coffeeshop
  • we had worn the blue outfit instead of the black
I could go on and on but that is the very basis of Sliding Doors. The question of "what if?" In this case the options are played out by our protagonist, Gwyneth Paltrow on weather she catches the train or not. What's really interesting is that BOTH options are examined in parallel... almost simultanously as this movie plays out. One would expect that this could get very confusing after a while... but the clever structure of the script makes it all seem quite straight forward as both stories are interwoven with each other. Nothing too heavy here and the film is actually a pleasant romantic comedy. Definitely worth the look-see.

Here are some short quotes from the film.
_____________________
James: Everybody's born knowing all the Beatles lyrics instinctively. They're passed into the fetus subconsciously along with all the amniotic stuff. Fact, they should be called "The Fetals".
_____________________
Patron in Restaurant where Helen is a waitress: Hey, gorgeous. What do you do when you're not serving up mad cow burgers in here, eh?
Helen: Well, now, then, let me see. I get up at about 7:30AM making and delivering sandwiches in the West End during the day before I come here about 6 o'clock and finish at midnight. After that, if I've got any energy left, I give my boyfriend a blow job.
[pause]
Helen: Would you like some mayonnaise with that?
_____________________
Lydia: Gerry, I'm a woman! We don't say what we WANT! But we reserve the right to get pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating! And not a little bit scary.
_____________________

Cheers and have a great weekend!!


1 Responses to “on the menu today...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to
    be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while
    people think about worries that they plainly
    do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon
    the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects
    , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
    Thanks

    Also visit my web site: Dragon City Hack []


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters