Black Friday is coming!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm posting this to promote irresponsible spending during the holiday season.

(the following is from About.com)

Definition:
The day after Thanksgiving in the United States, is frequently referred to as Black Friday.

General Use: One of the major U.S. holiday shopping days. The day many U.S. consumers begin Christmas shopping. The day is heavily promoted by retailers.

Origin: The origin of Black Friday comes from the shift to profitability during the holiday season. Black Friday was when retailers went from being unprofitable, or "in the red," to being profitable, or "in the black", at a time when accounting records were kept by hand and red indicated loss and black profit.

Looking for upcoming BLACK FRIDAY deals? Check HERE & HERE.


10 Responses to “Black Friday is coming!”

  1. Blogger airplanejayne 

    you say "shopping" like it's a bad thing.....

    and yes, I WILL BE ONE OF THOSE CRAZIES!!!!!!

    APj

  2. Blogger lecram sinun 

    APJ - I think I said "spending".

  3. Blogger KFarmer 

    I went shopping ONCE on Black Friday and never will again. I am so short I guess the "people" could not see me. Yes, I was trampled and things were snatched out of my hands. Never again...

  4. Blogger lecram sinun 

    paul & kfarmer - I agree with you. Over the years the Christmas hols have lost it's intent. The rampant consumerism as overtaken the fellowship of the season.

  5. Blogger airplanejayne 

    shopping....
    spending.....

    both enjoyable pasttimes.......


    :)
    APj

  6. Blogger The Diva ♥ 

    oh i didnt know that day had a name. i hate black fridays i hate having to get up so damn early just to get the best deals. i always miss the first half of the aggies longhorn game.
    damn u black friday!!!

  7. Blogger lime 

    interesting, i never knew the origin of the name. btw, thanks for the prize....my email is acting up terribly, thanks a bunch, though!

  8. Blogger Maverick 

    I prefer to call it "Buy Nothing Day" - you know there's a movement for that.

    Stacie

    Spitting in a Wishing Well

  9. Blogger aughra 

    and I have to work it.

  10. Blogger lecram sinun 

    blue1aqua1 - I usually cower in a corner at home.

    lime - remember, you are free to critique the prize.

    s - I've practiced that for years!

    aughra - bet it's hell on the other side of the counter.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters