more things I've learned this past year


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



EDIT: Looks like I'm hitting 20,000 today. Check the counter (way below) to see if you're "it" and comment to let me know!

Continuing in this week's series of reviewing the year I am trying to simply state my observations. My intent is neither to point fingers nor to be smug. Whether these actions were committed by me or others, these lessons I have found valuable in my continuing education of life. We learn through example, through victories and through defeats. The trick is to recognize, acknowledge and hopefully learn. That being said... let's continue...

Significant events that moved/affected me this past year.


JP2
Pope John Paul II passed away this year. Now here was a man of substance. He was an actor, playwright, resistance fighter and priest. I may not have agreed with everything he said or did... but I respected him for his thought, faith and conviction that we could all be... better. He reached out to teach and inspire... for that I am grateful. The funeral was moving and awe inspiring in the celebration of his life and work. For all intents and purposes I am a lapsed Catholic (at best) but I regarded this man (as I do the Dalai Lama) as a total "Dude"... simply because he never stopped trying.

Observations in life
Several in my generation and age group have stopped living.
It's a troublesome observation I have made this year. I'm not talking about dying in a physical sense... but more in an emotional and spiritual way. It's almost as if on their journey through life they have come across a wall and are unwilling to climb it to find out what is on the other side. There is a comfort in their unhappiness and going with what they know instead of facing the challenge and being open to more learning. It's almost as if these individuals (many of whom are enormously talented) have simply given up. Sure, I too on occasion wallow in self pity... but if I ever give up... please just put a gun to my head and put me out of my misery.


10 Responses to “more things I've learned this past year”

  1. Blogger KFarmer 

    me too either... I dont want cob webs in my mind and feet who no longer feel the boogie. I want laughter chiseled on my face-not shadows of regret.

    I say give me and give you the skinned knees and hands from climbing that wall-or give us both nothing at all.

    Cheers-

  2. Blogger MamaKBear 

    I'm number 19,979....phooey

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I'm IT! I'm the winner!!!! 20,000th!!! Wooohooooooo!

    What do I win?? I get like $20 grand??

    Okay, admittedly...I cheated. I saw the counter was really really close, so I closed my internet explorer, re-opened it, clicked on my favorites, and went back to the blog. Sure enough, counter click.

    Had to do it 4 times, but I WIN!!!!

    "Cheaters never prosper...."

  4. Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles 

    20,003 here!

  5. Blogger lecram sinun 

    kfarmer - hear! hear!

    mamakbear - thanks for playing though.

    steph - You win... bragging rights as my 20,000th visitor!

    Rose-Colored Beer Goggles - glad you came by!

  6. Blogger Zonthar 

    So let me get this straight- if you give up, we're supposed to just kill you instead of giving you encouragement and support to climb the wall? Isn't that pre-emptive giving up? Just noting the irony... :)

  7. Blogger lecram sinun 

    zonthar - see, there is a diobolical plan in the works. Once I reach the pearly gates I can say "I was about to get my second wind... but zonthar killed me instead!"

  8. Blogger Barbara 

    Ahh those damn invisible walls. I am facing one right now and trying to figure out a way over or around it.Not ready to give up on my dreams or at least a career that I can relish.

  9. Blogger lecram sinun 

    howardharolds4640- read your blog. cool stuff. too bad the comments function is disabled.

    trojan - that's the spirit! Half the battle is wanting to. I'm sure you'll get over it soon! I'm rooting for ya! :)

  10. Blogger Barbara 

    Great stuff, always captivating...please note, i'm eating peanut butter and jam from the jar while drinking wine on a sleeping pil...damn


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters