things I've learned this past year.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



EDIT: I may hit the 20,000 mark on my counter this week!
Last week was my "slug time" of my 2 week vacation... this week the "nose to the grindstone" part begins - work that's unrelated to my employment. Oy, I say!

The rest of this post goes with the post below. I will list one or two as the week goes along.

Significant events that moved/affected me in the last year.


TSUNAMI
Today marks the one year anniversary of the Tsunami that hit SE Asia. The devastation was on biblical proportions and the human animal was forced to realize and be reminded (again) that we are really not in control of anything... except ourselves. Yet within all of that, there emerged heroic stories celebrating the human condition... that our greatest accomplishments are the ones where we give of ourselves to others.

And now I have also been reminded how forgetful we can be. Even though the devestation affected the region of the world I was born into... I myself was only reminded of the Tsunami while watching the Sea Gypsies segment on "60 Minutes" last night.

Lessons in life

Issues from one aspect of our lives spill over to "infect" and affect all other aspects of our lives.
The adage "Don't take your work or problems home..." is easier said than done. If there is an unresolved issue it will permeate and color your behavior outside of the "situation". The solution? Try to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.

You cannot expect honesty from anyone unless they are honest with themselves first!
Everyone has their "best intentions" but until a person is prepared to be honest with themselves first, all those "best intentions" will not bear fruit. On several occasions I have seen people get caught up in the moment and promise the world... only to "flake off" seeing "it" through... whatever "it" might be.


6 Responses to “things I've learned this past year.”

  1. Blogger Barbara 

    A scary amazing photo...Love the blog.

  2. Blogger Debi 

    The lessons in life are so true ... I've learned a lot too this year, but still haven't been able to apply the lessons to my own life and the way I do things. Funny how that is huh? Oh well, another year is starting and another year to practice what i've learned :)

  3. Blogger Sasha 

    the 1st year anniversary of the tsunami disaster was eclipsed by so many trivial things, wasn't it? everybody seems to be caught up in the comfort that is their own lives that they forget that there are people who are not as lucky as they are.

    the 2nd lessons seemed cryptic to me... but i think i got it somehow. and i totally agree with the things you've said!

  4. Blogger lecram sinun 

    trojan - Thank you! Hope you visit again soon!

    goobergirl - Gigi, glad you are back... missed you!

    sasha - Yes, how soon we forget - considering the magnitude of the devestation. Glad you got the second... despite it's somewhat cryptic nature. :)

  5. Blogger KFarmer 

    My grandmother used to tell me that the road to hell was paved w/good intentions. I did not understand what she was saying then, but I do now.

    Cheers-

  6. Blogger lecram sinun 

    RoxiMoon - yeah, a little on the "heavy" and ponderous side, huh?

    kfarmer - I knew you would get that one.


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters