Da Count - Performer Edition


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




dacount

My count today are performers whom I've had the honor to experience live. It really doesn't matter if they are musicians, actors... any performer for that matter! There is something divine in the act of creation. They are channeling something that is beyond the normal and yet in the process of doing so tapping into and expressing something that is profoundly about the human experience. I guess that is why the arts is classified under the HUMAN-nities.

It is that leap when technique disappears and pure expression and connection is attained that I'm talking about. That moment when EVERYTHING makes total sense as an audience member and we are moved beyond the limitations that spoken language can even begin to express. That magic instant when we soar together with the performer into the moment of illumination.

Listening to a musician pour the pureness of heartbreak into a blues solo or an actor sucking us into the joy of a moment on stage... and our spirit takes flight. And what does this have to do with real life? Everything. Because in those moments we are truly reminded that we are indeed alive. That our pain and joy and sorrow and elation and the loud or the quiet... and even all those moments of the mundane makes sense as a collective experience. That we are not alone... and more importantly... that excellence is attainable.

This is da count not because I'm involved in the arts... but more because as an audience member, the performers I have experienced, have moved, inspired and reminded me to always reach for a "personal better"... because "a best" would only be a self imposed limitation.

What is Da Count? Click the flashing sign above to find out. For those who are posting... go visit each other and end the week with a smile.

EDIT: Time Wasters

A CLASSIC WITH LOTS OF FIBER
Got a spare 8 minutes?. Watch OEDIPUS as performed by vegetables.

A LITTLE ART PROJECT
Really, it's HERE!

Labels:



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters