I'm back and glad...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There are updates to this post!
... I went and also to be home. Here is a picture of our hotel that seems to have an identity crisis. Is it the Olympic or the San Franciscan? Well, it's a decent place. Clean rooms and just around the corner from the theatres where the Fringe was held. This provided me with the luxury of taking naps and freshening up between shows... and good prices too.

I must confess I had a wee bit of trepidation with is particular trip. There were several reasons... but one of them was that I sort of felt "festivaled out" even before I left. Now that I have turned over the producing of the Rogue to someone else it was different this year for me. I wasn't up to setting any olympic records with the sheer number of shows seen as in years past... and I only caught 6 shows as a result. However, (as my annual trips up to the Festival are wont to do) I came back refreshed and creatively renewed.

The shows I did catch once again boosted my theatrical outlook with the exposition to inventive devices. (Read into that... there is stuff as a playwright and director I found to steal for my own shows.::evil grin::) More importantly though, Jag and I were invited to a discussion on touring the Fringe hosted by the producers of the SF Fringe (the second oldest in the US) and featuring the producers of the Orlando Fringe (the oldest in the US.) This was set up for the benefit of the performers there. It was interesting and stimulating.

As soon as that was over a spontaneous discussion broke out between the producers of both those festivals and us (representing the Rogue). It was a little summit, so to speak. They treated us as equals. This is big because we (the Rogue) although a fringe type festival do not belong to CAFF like the other two do. (They were also really lobbying us to join.) Ideas were shared and the bottom line is... Orlando wants to do cross promotions with us. Neato stuff, huh? (As you scratch your heads thinking to yourself "Lecram has really lost it.") Let me put it this way... the Rogue is the bastard child of the bastard child and gaining respect to be really noticed in this crazy world.

Anyway, I'm really jazzed about this and won't use your time further with this boring "shop talk".

Oh yeah... I had a good time.

UPDATE: 8:10 AM
Here are some fun time wasters for your surfing day.

BREAK-UP FANTASY
You can choose a break-up fantasy and watch it play out HERE.

TOILET DOG BOWL
Look, they are going to do it anyway so why not get them one of their own? You can buy one HERE!

LIVE IN "THE SHIRE"
Huge "Lord of the Rings" fan? Looking for a new place to live that will fulfil your Hobbit needs? Why not buy a house in THIS development? Yeah, it's real too!

CREATIVE FOOD
Playing with your food again? Why not get creative while you're doing it? HERE are some ideas.



About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters