since monday...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's been a hectic week and there is still a mountain of work to accomplish. I am really focusing on knocking it all out this weekend. This means that I'll be ill tempered and manic all weekend... but it will all get done. Then I plunge into writing, shaping and developing my own show for the Rogue.

You may or may not know that a small group of friends and I founded this festival 5 years ago. I have also been the producer (the last 2 years co-producing with Dr.O) since it began. This year will be my last in this position. It's time to let it go and step back to see if it can stand on it's own feet. It now belongs to the community at large.

The audience base has grown from 1200 the first year to an estimated 7000 this March. Performers and artists now fly in from international destinations to participate in it. Am I proud of it? Yes. But there are still miles to go before I sleep. It is still a small yet vibrant festival that will need support to continue it's life. I am proudest of those who have stepped up to make it so. There are miles to go before we sleep.

I'll be back when I can.

Cheers!


16 Responses to “since monday...”

  1. Blogger BTExpress 

    Lecram, I am happy for you and how well this is going. Just promise me you will keep open the dates for our HNT get together so I can shake your hand and we can party together.

  2. Blogger Marie 

    That's amazing. I can see why you are so proud. I look forward to the festival!

  3. Blogger patrickteoh 

    Hi lecram. Keep well and ENJOY! Looks like The Rogue 2006 is set to break new ground and set new records. You have every reason to be proud.

  4. Blogger Deadly Female 

    I just put The Rogue on my wishlist of places foe ~S~ and I to travel to. Going to take us a while, but one day...

    In the meantime, enjoy the build up - even though it's going to be hectic - and we'll see you when we can xx

  5. Blogger Unknown 

    Its like watching a child mature and go out into the world for you isnt it Lecram? You probably have such mixed emotions about letting go of the reins..sad, excited, fear, and the last one..contentment..content with the fact that you started the child on his/her way into the world and you gave them the best tools possible to make a good life..or in this case and wonderful festival that will get bigger and better each year. I can't wait to see it..I have lived in this area for 4 years..I wish I had known about it sooner..but now is better than never..ya know?

    have a good day :)

  6. Blogger Hoochie Mama 

    Congrats on all that you have done with this festival. I wish I lived closer so that I could attend! :( Maybe one of these years I'll be able to make it!

    Try your best not to be ill tempered this weekend! :)

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Let me know what I can do to help you this weekend... you know I'm all yours babe!

  8. Blogger Mustang 

    When do you want Dana and I to start getting involved? Security and money babe...thats our gig..when is the next meeting/meat burn?

    M

  9. Blogger ScarySquirrelMan 

    i wish i could be there for the meat burn. i miss those.

  10. Blogger airplanejayne 

    Lecram: I'm proud of you too.....now sit down and finish writing that play!!!!!!

    SSm: dance, monkeyboy, dance...

    Mustang: guess that means you're my bodyguard.....
    :)

  11. Blogger Maverick 

    Hey, GOOD LUCK! ANd, don't work yourself too hard

    Heart

  12. Blogger Dragion 

    Can't wait for the Rogue. Will have to work on getting some good HNT pics... guess what CARNIVAL in RIO this year possibly!

  13. Blogger lecram sinun 

    BTExpress - I will make a sincere effort to be there!

    Marie - I'm looking forward to closing night! lol!

    patrickteoh - if it does as well as last year... I'll be happy.

    Deadly Female - right now it's the buildup of work! :)

    dusty - lookiong forward to seeing you here!

    TequilaGirl - it's the manic part that gets me!

    Solitaire - you'll be getting a call for sure.

    Mustang - I'll make sure Dr.O gets you guys in for the next meeting. 11 am, Jan. 28 @ Fagans.

    scarysquirrelman - we'll try to get a meat burn going for when you get back.

    airplanejayne - got to finish the graphics first!

    Maverick - Thanks! Glad to have you back!

    Dragion - yeah, get cracking on those!

  14. Blogger Debi 

    I just love your passion and enthusiasm ... take care Lacrem, have a productive weekend but remember to take some "me" time xoxox

  15. Blogger lecram sinun 

    goobergirl - some would contend it's manic obsessiveness. LOL! Thanks though... I will come through it alive! :)

  16. Blogger Trashed 

    Happy insomnia !


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters