HNT - Repost of # 4


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



EDIT: This is a re-post of my HNT # 4. Just to goose up the newbies on what is posible. My first few had long involved stories... that I kinda liked. I think the point is not so much skin- though that is good too but it's more about getting to know the person. So there! Read it and weep. It was first featured Aug. 25.

The rogue is fast coming upon us... so if you still want to get in on HNT @ the Rogue... send the lovely Paul an email with your link and you will be added ti that blogroll. His email is nekkid@roguefestival.com.

Other than that... Cheers and Happy HNT!

Oh p.s.... there are new Rogue banners for the stealing at the Rogue site! And Foxy won the "name the eye contest"! Armin!

Posting this HNT contribution early, as I have three and a half weeks more of gainful employment left and I want to leave on my own terms - instead of getting fired for going in late. My last 3 posts included pics and stories of Jimmy, Audrey and Stan. Don't have a name for my bloodshot left eye... maybe you can help me name it.

Right now, most of you are jumping to the obvious conclusions as to why my eyes are bloodshot. My eyes have been bloodshot since I was 10 years old. This was the result of swimming. Swimming in chlorinated pools. Swimming in the sea. Swimming in jungle streams.

In fact, many a birthday as a boy in Malaysia was spent swimming in jungle streams. Most kids had birthday parties - I had birthday picnics in the jungle with my friends. My parents would pack up us kids (friends and cousins) into a couple of cars and drive out into the jungle outside the city.

Getting there was half the fun. A hard left off the main highway, there would be a dirt road that veered into the jungle for about half a mile. When the dirt road ended, we tumbled out of the car and hiked in several hundred yards heading toward the sound of a jungle stream. Monkeys would be jibber-jabbering in the trees as we hurried down the jungle path. The closer we got, the louder the sound of the stream... the less jibbering of monkeys.

Finally, the thick jungle around us would magically seem to open up on our intended destination. A picnic spot would be picked on the banks. Mats spread and us kids excitedly jumped into the cold clear waters to frolic. My father would always caution us with the same instructions. "If you need to kenching (pee) go downstream... don't do it in the jungle." If one of my not-yet-hip-to-the-jungle friends would quizz "Why not the jungle?", my father would launch into a gentle lecture about "respecting the spirits." This would instantly ignite a barrage of "What spirits? Why?" among the kids. His eyes would twinkle and with a sly smile he would say, "I'll tell you after lunch." He always kept his word.

Food was usually of the street variety. Nasi Lemak, coconut rice topped with cucumber, eggs and a good hot sambal, served on a banana leaf. Drinks - iced home-made lime juice. Papaya with a squeeze of lime for dessert.

After lunch and tired after swimming, we would lay on the mats under the shade. My father would then tell us about how each living thing had a spirit living in it. That if you did not respect the trees and the rocks and the jungle you were being disrespectful to the spirits... and you would have to pay. This was usually his cue to dive into a couple of jungle "ghost stories" that would scare us even on a sunny afternoon.

These excursions would usually begin at about 9 in the morning and we would leave the jungle by 3 in the afternoon. The cars driving back usually packed with sleepy tired children. I onced asked my mother what inspired them to organize these birthday picnics. "Economics.", she would say quite simply. "None of those birthday picnics cost your father and me more than 50 ringgit."

And the bloodshot eyes? Our family doctor informed me years later that it was a part of a protective coating developed naturally to protect my eyes from the different waters I swam in as a kid. The salt of the sea, the chlorine of the swimming pools and the minerals plus some animal pee in the jungle streams. Someone should have told them where to kenching.

For more half-nekkid thursday visit the great Emperor Osbasso's site.


32 Responses to “HNT - Repost of # 4”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    such a vivid, descriptive memory you have! and what a wonderful mother and father you have. i'm envious! but that doctor and his "diagnosis" sound a bit wonky. do you suppose he was making it up or was it a legitimate diagnosis?

  2. Blogger lime 

    fabulous story. thanks for the repost. always good stuff here. makes me remember the first time i stumbled upon you! so glad i did. happy HNT!

  3. Blogger Lee Ann 

    That is wonderful!
    You have a sexy eye too!
    Happy HNT!

  4. Blogger Moosekahl 

    Thanks for stopping by! I need to get my butt in gear and do this Rogue bit.

  5. Blogger Sunny Delight 

    what a wonderful childhood you must have had! love the eye, blood shot and all :)
    Happy HNT!

  6. Blogger paitl1 

    Happy HNT!

  7. Blogger BTExpress 

    Wow, what a great story. Thanks for sharing it. HHNT

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Thanks for the comment tonight. The eye is still a powerful one.

  9. Blogger T - Another Geek Girl 

    Lovely.
    Pretty eye.

    Best to leave on your own terms.
    And before the cops arrive is a good idea too.

    Just remember to wave your arms around and say this...
    "Don't worry, I'm not gonna do what you all think I'm gonna do, which is, you know, FLIP OUT!"

    Then make sure you take the goldfish.

    HHNT!

  10. Blogger airplanejayne 

    Hi eye! Aye, I!

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Nice story... and nice eye picture...

    HHNT!

    Annette

  12. Blogger Randi 

    an informative hnt nonetheless. hope it's a happy one!

  13. Blogger 212degreedesigns 

    i love your bedtime stories!

    your are moving up in the ranks of my favorite people everyday.

    remember to enjoy what your doing everyday
    (for me if your too tired to do it for you! lol)

    HHNT!

  14. Blogger Chuck 

    I'm the same way with the blood shot eye. Good luck with the job thing.

  15. Blogger BlackGirl 

    i'd like to hear more about that "jungle ghost stories".

    Happt HNT,btw.

  16. Blogger Chickie 

    Great telling of your story. Thanks for the rerun - I'd missed this one! Happy HNT!

  17. Blogger Jillian 

    Awesome post!

    Happy HNT!

  18. Blogger CozyMama 

    whoa

  19. Blogger Mellissa 

    Lecram,

    Happy HNT!! How well I remember this as I think it was the first HNT I saw of you.

    How far we have come since then sweet friend!!

    HHNT to you and hugs from me!

    Ladybug

  20. Blogger Barbara 

    Lecram..my what pretty eyes you have...:)

    Happy HTN and thanks for the compliments!!!!

    Trojan

  21. Blogger MightyLambchop 

    You always blow me away.
    Happy HNT!

  22. Blogger S 

    The Rogue thing...yeah, well, I'd better get my act together here...Happy HNT Lecram!

  23. Blogger Grandma Lola 

    I love it! Happy HNT!

  24. Blogger Shay 

    So your eyes need extra blood flow? very interesting. ^_^

    happy HNT!

  25. Blogger Scarlet Traces 

    birthday picnics in the jungle, home made lime juice, jungle ghost stories, it all sounds wonderful :)
    happy hnt!

  26. Blogger Jericho 

    sometimes i am envious of others :) ~HHNT~

  27. Blogger Alice 

    that's an imposing eye.. very intense :-) hhnt!

  28. Blogger MamaKBear 

    I missed this one the first time around. You certainly had a very interesting childhood! I really enjoy reading about them.

    And nice eye! Even if it is bloodshot!

    Happy HNT! :)

  29. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Great post Lecram. In one way I can't wait till Rogue is over so you can devote more time to them. Veddy In-terestink! HHNT man and thanks for stopping by.
    TG

  30. Blogger Tammy 

    I think I may see my lost contact in that bloodshot eye. Maybe we'll have to wrestle for it.

  31. Blogger Melissa 

    I loved the way you wrote this. I felt like I was right there experiencing it all with you. What a great HNT submission.
    Your father sounds like a great man, I loved his Kenching advice and your mother with her economic reasoning. *smile* that is so like me with my children and our trips to Bromley Rock (a local swim hole)

    Happy HNT

  32. Blogger Lelly 

    Hi Cuz! Nice to read this story again...belated HHNT!


About me

  • I'm lecram sinun
  • From California, United States
  • My profile

    da lecram cam


    click button to view Lecram Cam when online

    da chat de lecram

    want to chat with me? click chat thang below to see if I'm in.

    CHAT THANG

    da skype


    Call me!
    If you have Skype... you may be able to video chat with me
    dacount

    junglewebssm1
    playrogue07a

Previous posts

    kienlim.com clr blk bg

da archives

da blogroll


ATOM 0.3

da picture daze de lecram


da play excerpts de lecram


da half-nekkid thursday





Counter
Web Site Counters